Friday, May 31, 2013

Leah Day's Craftsy Class

I've had my nose to the FMQ foot!  I learned a lot of new designs and tips from  Leah Day's Class: Free Motion Fillers Volume 2 .  She's a wonderful teacher.  I don't quite have her fine honed skills!  I practiced a lot. I cursed a bit.  I ripped out a little.  And I sewed my heart out.  This was not a difficult project until the very end.  Putting the sides onto the main panels was a bit of a struggle, but I managed to pull it off with a minimum of pain!  I do have a hard time with patterns and directions, but hers were pretty clear.  Here 's the final product:

On the front of the tote I used "Stitch, Dot, Turn" on the outer panels; next to that on the
tan fabric is a version of Leah's "Topographical Map," but it was late and I was about to fall
 asleep at the wheel and I forgot to put the bulbous shape in, so it's not as interesting as it
should be. Moving inward, on the yellow fabric, I did a "Super Circuit Board" pattern;
and in the center piece of black fabric, I chose to do 4 sections of her "Spiral Tree."

 
Strap, that's double sharp stipple.

Detail of FMQ





  There is another side to this but the pics were blurry and this is the best side anyway!

 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. That is such an adorable bag! I just signed up for for this class. I can't wait to make one for this summer.

    Love all the FMQ designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great tote with the 3 inch depth. Hard to sew into the bottom corners though! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete