Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Hands in Many Pots!

My hands have been in a number of different projects, some completely new, others experimental.  Nothing quite finished.  Here's a peek:


I started this piece in a class at The World Quilt Show in Manchester NH last week,
Zen and the Art of Free Form Fiberscape by Marjan Kluepfel and I've been working on it for a couple of days now.  It's my first landscape and my first raw edge fused piece.  It's from my own photo, a winter scene from my hometown.I do plan on a fair amount of thread painting and the addition of some oversized ( close ups) of a blackbird in flight and some falling leaves after the back drop is finished.

I've been designing some wrist cuffs, seeing what works and what doesn't and working out the construction kinks.  I hope to have some up for sale soon on Etsy.  I started and Etsy account a few years ago but have never put anything up for sale. I feel almost ready now!

Here I'm working on carving a multi-block.  This is the final block of four.

No comments:

Post a Comment