Saturday, August 10, 2013

Lowell Quilt Festival 2013, Boston Modern Quilt Guild, Part 1


It has been a busy 2 days at the Lowell Quilt Festival – one more to go! I’ll start out by showing some of the Boston Modern Quilt Guild “Red Nails” Challenge, so named for its colorway to coordinate with very red fingernails.  And some of the exhibit space pics of Appleton Mills..
This is a water sculpture that greets you at the door of Appleton Mills!

More sculpture high into the rafters.

Contemporary lighting throughout - a great feature for an exhibit!

Modern and comfy seating at the gallery space.

This captures the sense of the loft space.
I just received my first smartphone which I chose because it has such a great camera, but I am just learning how to use it.  Among other things, I had a hard time keeping my fingers out of the way so some of my pics need to be retaken.  But here are some close ups that came out pretty good.  I'll retake some and add them later.
It's a really good show!  We had a lot of positive chatter from viewers all day yesterday!
Red Nails Challenge Quilts


Red Nails Challenge Quilts


Glam Rock Girl by Stephanie Harrison


Red Nails by Zuska Blasi


Untitled by Samantha Russell


Dropping Petals by Natalie Sabik

 

 More to come!

1 comment: