Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Last Finish of 2013

Last finish of the year - winding down 2013 attempting to finish so many things!
 
  I've been at this one for over a month and it's finally finished and bound with a facing on the back.  Full size is 41.5" X 32.5", but these are smaller detail shots.
 
Hand dyed shibori on cotton. Machine quilted and hand embroidered with running stitches.

Hand dyed and batik.


Sections hand painted with Jacquard fabric paint, embellished with hand carved designs.
 
Goodbye to a year that had its fill of grief and sorrow, but also had many good times and a lot of persistent labor on and progress in my art!
 
I started off the year with a carving that foretold the focus of the rest of the year.
 
This year I entered my first submissions to a SAQA quilt show and was accepted by the curator !
 
 
We've wound down a group of book artists who finished our second collaborative book, this year was a fiber art book.  You can see my finished book here, although I still can't publish all of the pages just yet.
 
I've submitted a small art quilt that will travel with the SAQA Trunk Show during 2014.
 
I finished a quilt for my grandson Jack that I still haven't taken a finished picture of!  And for Josh.
 
I started a new small, private group of local art quilters which has turned out to be a fabulous collection of talented women, all doing their own unique fiber art. Collectively we have some high hopes for our future!
 
I HAVE BEEN BUSY!  And that's just some of the highlights and I've been sitting around on this computer still in my bathrobe for waaayyy too long. 
 
I better start preparing my New Year's Eve Dinner.  On the menu: Ceasar Salad,  Onion Soup, Beef Empanadas, and Fruit Salad with Gingerbread Cookies for dessert! 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment